Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Sound of Crickets

Well, three weeks is clearly too long to go without posting and I hope that it doesn't happen again.

Unfortunately in the past three weeks I have had my first continuing legal education presentation and a major trial for which I was the solo attorney. Needless to say it was hectic and left me little time to post or follow the blogs that I love!

The one thing I have stayed consistent with is my running however. Since my last post I have run the Girls on the Run St. Louis 5k with my niece. Since it's a celebration run and I wanted to do it with my niece it was really just a fun run and I had a great time. It's so inspiring to see young girls enthusiastic about running.



I also did the Bark in the Park 5k and scored a PR!! I was incredibly excited with my time of 28:40 as I had not yet broken the under 30 mark on a 5k. I ran with my much taller and much faster brother and his very fast dog, so I was inspired to keep up and really push myself. I felt great after that. My results on the race website didn't come through :( but I crossed the finish line with my brother, so I'm posting his results since they're the same as mine!



I also have begun group speed work in training for my fall half-marathon and I really can say that it has already helped in the three weeks I've been doing it (see above for the 5k).


Finally, I ran a 10k this past weekend on our trip to Door County, WI. I am doing a separate post about this trip as I earned my Jost Running "Brave New Route" 1/2 Marathon medal while there and I want to tell you all about it! Expect to see that tomorrow!



Sorry to type and run but I just wanted to get something out there to get me back in the groove of posting and Blogger is being weird!










No comments:

Post a Comment